Now $597

Abledating 2.4—All-in-one dating & sommunity software

Buy now and save 800$ *

*If you purchase AbleDating TODAY, you get FREE: 1) YouTube Video
2) VOIP Phone 3) Voice Recording
4) Video Chat
Later these features will go separately, so you will be able to buy them additionally.

Powerful, secure, fast and stable PHP/MySQL online dating software with unlimited functionality modification options and easy design/layout customization.

Try demo!Buy now!
Reply to topic
Cannot create boards in Forum
eduardoalfaro

Hi!

We have tried to create some boards from the admin panel but its show us the same message either from users or admin side: Board is empty.

Need some help about this issue.
ingo10

Do you have create a category before ?
You must connect a Board with a category.

No category, no board Wink
eduardoalfaro

Ok!!! Thank you for your quickly response.

We have no choice to create anything within the forums. In the admin panel we only have the FORUMS icon. If you press it, it supposed you could create categories, change language, etc... but we only have the same page that receives a normal user.

I have test open the admin panel from another computer, deleting all the cookies and cached files from the computers... but we have the same issue.

Do we have to create categories with other option different than FORUMS?
ingo10

If you click on Forum in Admin Controlpanel.
You get on the right side to frames.

On the left side (navigation) you found following options
Index
Categories
Forums
User groups
Options
Permissions
Censoring
Ranks
Bans
Prune
Maintenance
Reports

On the right side is many text an a link admin access forum. Over this link you can enter the forum and use it like other user. The only differece ist, you have admin rights (you are the boss Very Happy). I don't often use these link, because i can't change to much there.

How can i create a category ?

1. You click in the navigation frame on categories.

2. In the top field on the right side, you create a category name i.e. "Support section" and click on "Add New". Now you can see at the Bottom your new categorie with a number at the end. Here you can change the order of categories if you have more than one, don't forget to click on "Update" after changeing Wink .
3. A category is now available, time to create a forum. Click on Forums in the navigation on the left side. You will see now on the right side your new created category "Support section" or how you called it.
Under the categorie you see a button "add". Now click on it, you have create a forum in the category you selected on the top ( it can now only be the "Support section", because you haven't create a second categorie Wink).
Now you should find a forum with name "new forum" and a edit and delete link before it, at the middle of the page.
If you click on the edit button, you can change the forum settings and the rights of this forum.

Maybe i have help you a little bit.
The Forum is the Punbb. You can more infos about them at her page http://punbb.informer.com . But the forum is integrated in abledating an the navigation bar of punbb was removed, don't forget this. Exclamation

Best regards from germany,
Ingo10
eduardoalfaro

Thank you so much Ingo10, you are very kind and helpfull

The problem is within FORUMS icon on Admin Control Panel. When I pass my mouse over the FORUM icon it is supposed to get all the options like a contextual menu, but I do not get anything.

Please, take a look to this snapshoot I took few secons ago. It is a link.
This picture shows what I really see when I click on FORUM admin control panel option.

http://testca.tnbcenter.com/_themes/main/space/img/ej.jpg

Thank you so much...
ingo10

At the forum button is no hover function available, it's only a simple button without comfort functions Laughing .

If you click on the forum button you should see this

http://picasaweb.google.com/cursor10

if you don't see this, i think you have a error in your admin script.

I would use than the helpdesk http://abledating.helpserve.com/index.php , and let the guys of abk take a look on this. Wink
AllezaSummer

Ask for the moon, tickets to the game, someone to mow your lawn, even a sandwich and coffee. Choose your price and people near you make it happen with Zaarly. Zaarly is in your neighborhood it's personal, real-time and easy as pie, find out more at http://blog.zaarly.com